Police on said Thursday that a 15-year-old kid was arrested for allegedly stabbing another student in the head in a dispute over a girl at a troublesome Bronx high school — just hours before the campus was locked down due to a shooting threat.
According to the NYPD, the suspect, whose name was withheld due to his age, was arrested around 8 p.m. Wednesday and charged with attempted murder, assault, and criminal possession of a weapon.
According to school sources, the student allegedly attacked a classmate at Harry S. Truman High School in Co-Op City after the victim warned the assailant to keep away from his girlfriend.
According to officials, the man was stabbed in the face or neck and brought to Jacobi Hospital, where he is likely to live.
According to school sources, the arrest came just hours after the NYPD’s Counterterrorism Bureau scanned the school for a gun in response to a shooting threat circulating on social media.
The search yielded no results, and the threat was deemed ineffective by the NYPD.
After the anonymous Snapchat message was discovered, parents hurried to get their children out of school.
“On Thursday, September 30th, I will shoot up the school. “WARNING: This is not a joke, this is an active threat,” the Snapchat message stated.
Jessica Nieves, a terrified mother, told The Washington Post that she was at the high school to remove her two children, ages 14 and 16, out of class early because of the threat.
“A stabbing happened yesterday, and another one happened last week,” Nieves said.
“Now there’s a threat of a shooting. I’m thinking of removing my children from school permanently.”
“The safety of our students and staff is our first priority, and we responded swiftly to an alleged threat at the Truman campus, which was later determined not to be credible,” a school spokesman said. “We continue to have a significant increase of NYPD and school safety presence on site, and children have access to counseling services.”