Recruitment for Storekeepers in Canada
We are currently seeking a Storekeeper to join our Procurement Team at our Goderich Mine site in Goderich, Ontario.
The Goderich Mine is located 1,800 feet under Lake Huron on the shores of Goderich, Ontario. It is the largest underground salt mine in the world and has been operating since 1959. This location employs over 500 people and annually produces 6.5 million tons of highway de-icing salt and chemical salt. It is transports product to customers around the Great Lakes and along the St. Lawrence Seaway via vessel, rail and roads. The salt is also used to make plastics, detergents, disinfectants, and other important products.
Goderich is named Canada’s Prettiest Town and is best known for its stunning sunsets. Goderich is a lakeside community of 8,000 people located approximately 1 hour from London & Stratford, Ontario and a 1 ½ hour drive from Kitchener-Waterloo.
The Storekeeper works with the Procurement team to manage inventory on surface and underground, and to perform parts distribution. This person will pick parts, prepare kits, coordinate with appropriate employees, locate parts, and facilitate team decisions.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following
- Counter service including; issues, returns, and parts searches performed in a timely and efficient manner to ensure high levels of production from employees.
- Receive parts and services, efficiently and accurately in a computerized environment.
- Prepare repair material for outbound shipment and communicate to the Stores Supervisor for action
- Active participation in Continuous improvement and housekeeping activities
- Stock expediting in conjunction with the stores supervisor.
- Demonstrate compliance and support of EH&S, productivity, leadership, and influence (fostering a respectful work environment), resource management, functional excellence, and customer service.
- Be flexible with shift work hours and overtime at either the Underground and Surface Stores locations as required
- Any other duties as assigned
You bring to the role:
- Grade 12 Diploma
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Operation of pallet jack is preferred
- Knowledge of arrangement of materials is preferred
- Visual controls in parts storage is preferred
What you’ll like about us:
- Well Compensated: We offer a competitive compensation package including bonus plan.
- Rest and Relaxation: Paid vacation, paid sick and personal floating days.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, disability, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
- Prepare for your Future: Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company contributions and Deferred Profit Sharing Program contributions.
- Shared Core Values: Our people must share five core value in everything we do – high performance, value creation, collaboration, respect, and integrity.
- Safety: We are committed to creating a safe work environment and protecting our employees and customers.
- Environmentally Responsible: We are committed to safely carrying out our tasks in an environmentally responsible manner, ensuring pollution prevention, reduction of waste and minimizing the consumption of resources.
- Meaningful Work: What sets us apart is the work we do impact daily lives – and every employee contributes. We transform Earth’s resources that ultimately help keep people safe, feed the world and enrich lives, every day.
- Growth and Development: We see our development programs and helping our employees meet their personal growth goals as a key part of our business’s growth.
How Often Are You Here?
- Able to work shift schedule of days and nights.
- This position may be expected to work underground.
Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Compass Minerals is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodations, contact email@example.com or (519) 524-8351.