Raymond Dokpesi, the well-known DAAR Communications founder and media tycoon from Nigeria, recently passed away.
These facts about him may surprise you.
1. He was born on October 25, 1951, in Agenebode, Edo State, to Chief Williams Ayaoghena Dokpesi and Mrs. Alice Aishetu Dokpesi.
2. Raymond Dokpesi attended Ebenezer African Church School for his elementary education and Immaculate Conception College (ICC) in Benin City for his secondary education.
3. He founded Nigeria’s first locally owned shipping line.
4. Along with his infected family members, he acquired COVID-19 and overcame it.
5. Raymond Dokpesi completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Benin before pursuing a master’s abroad.
and doctorate degrees at the University of Gdansk Sopot and Wyzsza Szokta Morska Gdynia in Poland, respectively.
6. From October 1983 to December 1983, he served as the Gongola State Government’s chief of staff. From 1984 to 1988, he served as the company’s managing director.
7. He increased in popularity after Raypower 100.5FM received Nigeria’s first private radio broadcast license.
8. On the occasion of his 70th birthday, he publishes “The Handkerchief,” his autobiography.
9. Between 1978 and 1983, Raymond Dokpesi served as the Head of the Water Transport Division for various government parastatals, including the Federal Ministry of Transportation and Aviation. He was a secondee from Nigerian Ports Plc (NTCC).